Director of Career Services Online
4522 Radnor Road Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indianapolis, IN 46226 (317) 828-6092 or (317) 205-9493
Crystal L. Stewart
Objective To obtain a challenging position that will fully utilize my career development training, recruiting and staffing experience as well account management skills in order to be a valuable & contributing asset to any organization.
Skills Strong knowledge and usage of internet recruitment techniques; SalesForce database system, Campus Management database system (CampusVue), Siebel database system, Goldmine database system, use of Crystal Reports; knowledgeable with various HR software i.e. Kenexa BrassRing, PeopleSoft, HRLogix, HMS, ICIMS; Familiarity with HTML; extensive experience with use of the Internet & Microsoft Office
November 2012 – Present Fortis College (Education Affiliates) Indianapolis, IN
Director of Career Services
Nursing& Education Administrator
- Identify entry-level job openings for students and graduates by initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with local companies
- Achieve placement results in Dental Assisting, HVAC, Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Tech and Nursing programs
- Critique student & graduate resumes, cover letters and advise on professionalism, interviewing and job search techniques through employability workshops
- Assist in and develop Graduate budget preparation by forecasting trends in the workforce
- Provide administrative support to the Nursing and Education teams
- Attend all Nursing committee meetings to provide input and record meeting minutes
- Update and distribute revised school and nursing catalogs and handbooks for students and staff
- Maintain all Nursing and Education faculty and student files and ensure all contents are updated
- Manage payroll & teaching contracts for all adjunct instructors
- The liaison between staff and faculty and our Nursing students
- The lead administrator of HESI Entrance Exams for potential Nursing students
June 2009 – November 2012 Kaplan College Indianapolis, IN
Career Services Advisor
- Developed and maintained relationships with employers for the purposes of externships and job placement of graduates
- Met with students one-on-one to determine job interests and complete required graduation paperwork
- Developed job orders from employers, sent graduates’ resumes, assisted in scheduling interviews and follow up with employers and graduates
- Organized job fairs on-campus, attended outside job fairs and arranged on-campus interviews
- Facilitated Career Development course i.e. Resume Writing, Interviewing Techniques, Job Search Strategies
- Provided resources to students and graduates for their job search
October 2007 – January 2009 First Advantage Recruiting Solutions Indianapolis, IN
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of up to 70 recruitment clients
- Provided strategic insight and advice to current clients in order to increase clients’ ROI (return on investment)
- Handled inbound and outbound calls of clients as well as communicated heavily via email correspondence
- Responsible for trouble-shooting technical issues and concerns with regards to our recruiting program from a user’s perspective & generated job/resume database usage reports to assist with inventory control to clients
March 2006 – May 2007 Networks Financial Institute Indianapolis, IN
At Indiana State University
Career Development Specialist (Independent Contractor)
- Created internship program for students in Scholars program by serving as liaison between students & employers
- Developed and maintained corporate and employer contacts to generate corporate mentor/job shadowing and internship opportunities in the financial services industry.
- Provided one-on-one career counseling to students including mock interviews and resume writing techniques.
- Assist with career placement and advancement upon graduation by providing job search strategies, networking information and career assessment tools.
Sept. 2001 – February 2006 Indiana Business College – Medical Indianapolis, IN
Director of Career Services (Currently known as Harrison College)
- Effectively provided placement assistance to all Medical graduates in various fields by overachieving placement goals (consistently over 90% placement rate).
- Coordinated quarterly Medical externship program (over 60 externs per quarter)
- Initiated exclusive externship partnership with Clarian Health Partners.
- Taught quarterly Career Development classes to all potential graduates
- Conducted outside business calls and phone contact to potential employers to build rapport, determine employer needs and generate job orders.
- Planned and coordinated various departmental activities such as graduation ceremony, career fairs & advisory board meetings
- Completed weekly, monthly and annual reports regarding placement of graduates
- Responsible for staffing and supervision of career services department employees
Dec. 1999 – May 2001 Monster.com (Division of TMP Worldwide) Indianapolis, IN
- Provided online recruiting solutions to businesses in Western suburbs of Chicago & Southern Illinois
- Prospected for new leads utilizing the Internet, newspapers and cold calling techniques
- Generated over $500,000 in sales in 3rd quarter of 2000; achieved highest sales in region with 135% of quota attainment for the quarter.
Oct. 1997 – Dec. 1999 The Dodson Group (SaveItNow.com) Indianapolis, IN
Affiliate Representative (Independent Contractor Recruiter)
- Responsible for recruiting and pre-screening prospective inside & outside sales reps.
- Coordinated and developed training materials including the creation of sales training manual & sales collateral kits
- Developed and administered weekly “refresher” training to current sales reps.
- Supported sales reps as initial point of contact for information, sales/marketing materials and additional training Recruited individuals interested in owning & operating their own business by utilizing phone sales techniques
- Attended industry trade shows nationally to generate new leads; Supported current affiliates (independent contractors) as their single point of contact
July 1996 – July 1997 Snelling Personnel Indianapolis, IN
June 1995 – July 1996 Flexible Accountants Indianapolis, IN
- Responsible for screening, interviewing, testing, and placement of applicants from temp to permanent openings
- Maintained client contact as well as participated in business development including new client research and penetration of current client base as well as negotiated pricing & job orders
- Researched & filed unemployment claims and workman’s compensation claims and reference checks
- Generated prospective employers utilizing direct mail, cold calls, attended job fairs, open houses & community networking; Created classified ads for recruitment purposes
August 1990 - May 1995 Butler University Indianapolis, IN
Journalism major with a Specialization in Public Relations