Medical Billing Specilaist
11549 High Timber Drive. Phone: 317-985-5954
Indianapolis, IN 46235 Email: email@example.com
Deeanna R. Brewer
To secure an opportunity with your company that utilizes my experience and in-depth knowledge of medical insurance and customer service skills, seeking a position in a progressive organization were customer service and strong interpersonal communication skills can be utilized.
MEDTECH COLLEGE, INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA
Associates Degree, Medical Billing/Coding- December 2009
KAPLAN UNIVERSITY, FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
Associates Degree, Business Management/Administration- July 2006
ROCHE HEALTH SOLUTIONS, INC.
Coagulation Billing Specialist – Revenue Cycle 3/ 2011-Current
- Billing rules and account receivables
- Answering billing questions and taking payments
- Assist with processing training, strips, lancets, and meters
- Reviewing Zirmed rejections
ROCHE INSULIN DELIVERY SYSTEMS, INC 11/2010-3/2011
- IN Network Exceptions for patients
- GoldMine, verifying provider information, verifying training schedule, and benefits
- Update Website for provider information
- Helped out Finance when needed; posting money
MERITAIN HEALTH, INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Customer Service Representative 6/ 2006-7/ 2009
- Handled customer inquires, complaints, billing questions and quoted benefit information.
- Managed a high volume of calls and kept accurate records of all communication.
NIGHTINGALE HOME HEALTHCARE INC., CARMEL, IN
Medicaid Biller 6/ 2005-3/ 2006
- Processed patient’s electronic billing results.
- Research monies from accounts receivable report.
SAINT FRANCIS HOSPITAL NETWORK (SFHN), BEECH GROVE, IN
Medicaid Program Assistant 11/ 2001-6/ 2005
- Registered Medicaid Providers.
- Prepared applications for contracts.
- Maintained provider list of accounts-monthly and quarterly.
COOPERATIVE MANAGED CARE SERVICES (CMCS), INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Medical Management Analyst 11/ 2000-11/ 2001
- Responsible for database entry and updated data on an ongoing basis.
- Managed multi-line communications network for nurses.
- Reviewed denial letters.
Women’s Leadership Initiative
Volunteer: Indiana Black Expo (IBE) 7/20/2013