The Fulfillment Team Lead is an hourly/nonexempt position and is outside the scope of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Under the direction of an Operations Supervisor, the Operations Team Lead provides assistance and floor coverage for the Operations teams. This role will work closely with the Operations Supervisor to provide resources, on-going work direction, decision making and problem solving to ensure associate safety, and the delivery of a product on time to the customer (internal and external).
This is a career track position that can lead to becoming an Operations Supervisor, conditioned upon the needs of the business, such as but not limited to: foreign language requirements; the amount of experience the Fulfillment Team Lead has been able to acquire and the career potential demonstrated by the associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate staffing of the area to ensure that productivity, quality and delivery goals are met.
- Schedule approved overtime in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
- Transfer associates into or out of the department and coordinate voluntary (VTO) and/or required (RTO) time off as necessary to balance staffing with the fulfillment center.
- Coach and provide written documentation on associates, both positively & constructively
- Conduct Safe Work Method & SOP observations on hourly associates
- Identify safety hazards and notify the manager for proper attention and remediation.
- Conduct and report accident/injury investigations to direct report.
- Convey business and operational information to associates during the daily start-up meeting.
- Upon approval by direct report, place orders for temporary associates from the on-site staffing agency.
- Foster a positive environment within the assigned department.
- Assists the supervisor in the process of team building
- Translate and interpret communication for the Burmese/Hispanic associates (if applicable)
- Notify direct report and HR of personnel issues
- Review and sign off on policies pertaining to Confidentiality, Use of Computers, and Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Other duties as assigned.
Not included in duties/responsibilities
- Hire individuals as FULLBEAUTY Brands employees
- Issue any form of disciplinary action
- Receiving and/or adjusting grievances under the CBA
- Proven skills using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to transfer to any shift with advance notice
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and outgoing personality
- Strong desire to learn and grow with the company
- Bi-lingual fluency in Burmese or Chin
- Ability to work night shift.
- Knowledge of fulfillment operations and processes
- Proven experience as a Team Leader
- Certificate or degree in SCM, leadership